At ELR, we put safety first. We are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment for our team. We foster a culture of safety awareness and leadership among all team members, and use planning and communication as key tools for achieving a safe work environment. By working together, we maintain a safe and productive work place.
ELR is registered with the Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (YWCHSB) and is Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR) certified. SECOR status is issued jointly by the YWCHSB and the Northern Safety Network Yukon (NSNY) following completion of program requirements, including developing and implementing a corporate health and safety program that is documented in a health and safety manual.
Key components of our Health and Safety Program include:
- Company policies, and rules and responsibilities,
- Workplace and safety training for all staff,
- Safe work procedures and safe job practices,
- Hazard assessment procedures at project start-up and in the field,
- Field and emergency preparedness planning and practice,
- Promoting communication as a cornerstone to worker safety and working safely,
- Company policies to ensure we work in compliance with regulatory requirements and in accordance with industry standards.
The SECOR program represents a national standard for safety management systems. ELR is proud of this achievement.
“It is apparent that a lot of work has been put into the manual, and you have a beautiful finished product that I found very easy to read and navigate. This is one of the best manuals I have seen from a local SECOR company, good job!”
-Andria Juniga, COR Coordinator, Northern Safety Network Yukon
CH2M HILL Canada Ltd. recently awarded ELR a certificate for exemplary safety planning, performance and communication following the completion of a successful and incident-free field program at the Faro Mine Remediation Project site near Faro, Yukon.
“ELR was one of the most trusted contractors on site for 2014. Thank you for your professionalism.”
-Shawn Storrie, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, CH2M HILL
We take safety seriously and ensure our staff are properly trained for the work they do. All staff maintain the following minimum safety training:
- ELR New Worker Safety Orientation
- Standard First Aid & Level C CPR Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Material and Information System (WHMIS) Certification
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Fire Extinguisher Training
Our staff are certified and trained to complete tasks specific to field projects. Training and certification includes:
- Bear Awareness
- Swift Water Rescue
- Electrofishing (Crew Leader)
- Pleasure Craft Operator
- ATV/UTV/Snowmobile Operator
- H2S Alive
- Firearm Handling and Use
- Helicopter Entry and Egress